Last Updated: May 13, 2019
Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited trading as Fisher & Paykel Technologies (“FPT”), of 78 Springs Road, East Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand, has engaged OneMob, Inc (“OneMob”) to provide web services to you through the www.onemob.com website on its behalf.
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of such sites.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways, including by use of various technologies that automatically gather certain information about your on-line activities as you use this Site.
Information You Give Us. We collect information that you voluntarily submit to us such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site or through your direct communications with us.. Please do not send us, or disclose, any sensitive data (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases, company or other public websites and through our third party services providers such as networking agencies and social media operators (such as LinkedIn or Xing) (provided it is permitted by, and in compliance with, applicable laws). We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser and device type, browser language, location of your IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, search queries, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies” and other similar technologies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. . If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, you may configure your web browser so that it does not accept cookies as set out under the heading “Onemob Cookies Policy” below.
Our legal basis for processing this personal information is that we have your consent (when you give us information on the Site, in communications with us or when you have otherwise agreed to such processing) and, otherwise, for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the Companies in administering the Site and improving and customizing content on the Site and our communications to you in order to provide you with relevant information in association with your business and our business relationship. If you do not provide information when requested this may result in certain services not being available to you.
WHO COLLECTS THIS INFORMATION AND WHO TO CONTACT ABOUT QUESTIONS [THESE APPLY WHEN ONEMOB IS ACTING AS THE DATA “PROCESSOR”]
- OneMob Inc and their Affiliates shall collect and process user personal data only as instructed or permitted by FPT or the actual user.
- FPT and its Affiliates also collect and process user personal data in connection with its business relationship and communications with the actual users and their businesses.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information in a number of ways, which may include the following:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services (including developing new products and services, assessing the effectiveness of our services, advertising and marketing approaches (including defining groups of audiences for marketing purposes and creating aggregate/de-identified data sets that do not identify an individual).
- We use your personal information to customize features, content and advertising that appear on the Site or in our communications to you, to deliver the Site content to you and to measure user interests and traffic patterns.
- We use your personal information to process and respond to comments, inquiries and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver requested products and services.
- We may also use your personal information for other additional purposes which we will specify at the time of collection. You may decide not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some services or aspects of the Site.
We may need to collect and use some of the information as mentioned above because we are either legally required to do so, because it is necessary for us to provide you with requested products or services, because it is necessary for our legitimate interests or we have acquired your consent.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes set out above, personal information either has been shared in the last 12 months or may be shared by us as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share your personal information between FPT and OneMob, with our Affiliates for reporting and business development and management purposes and our services providers (such as IT systems or support providers who assist us with the running of our Sites and IT services which allow us to provide services, or providers of professional services) in any way and for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding or any other deal resulting in a change in control of a Company, its assets, the formation of joint venture or a similar arrangement.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information where we consider such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with laws (which may include laws outside your country of residence) or to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual illegal activity
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes including responding to law enforcement authorities or other government officials (which may be located outside your country of residence).
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who needs it to do work for us.
- We may also share your personal information in other ways where we have your consent to do so.
The categories of personal information disclosed to third party service providers and other group companies mentioned above, include name, contact information (including contact number and physical and email address) and transaction information.
In using the information we collect from you as described above, it may be necessary for us to transmit your personal information to other countries (including countries other than where you are based that have a different data protection regime), in particular, those countries where FPT and OneMob currently have operations (including New Zealand and the USA) and by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection rules that are different to those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information. Whenever we transfer your personal information out of your country or residence, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring we only transfer your personal information after having put in place adequate measures, such as contractual clauses to protect your information. Please contact us if you want more information on the specific measures used by us when transferring your personal information.
We require the Companies’ third party service providers and professional advisors to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information they receive from us, and only use personal information for the provision of services to the applicable Company, and in compliance with applicable law. Each Company will remain responsible for the personal information about you that it transfers and uses.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” You can also request to opt-out of the use of your personal information by FPT for marketing purposes by contacting us at any time in accordance with the details set out in the “Contact Information” section below We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable
If you opt out, we may still send you important, administrative, non- marketing emails that you cannot opt-out from. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to us as set out in our Contact Information section below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. For more information see the “Onemob Cookies Policy” section below.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FPT may retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy (including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements) unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
For information about querying, identifying or deleting your personal data, see the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ and California Consumer Privacy Act section below.
Please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below if you want further information in relation to the retention of your personal information..
We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to and use, alternation or destruction of the personal information we collect from you, and we maintain commercially reasonable procedures, systems and technologies designed for this purpose. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the ‘Contract Information’ section below.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify the relevant people as we are legally required to do so.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) AND HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CORRECT OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand the importance of the newly enacted European Union (EU) law regarding data protection for individuals within the EU, and the State of California law regarding privacy of individuals residing in the State of California. We have consulted legal counsel and other enterprise companies that provide outreach-related digital capabilities to ensure that we’ve enacted the appropriate tools and safeguards to comply with the GDPR.
According to the GDPR and CCPA, among other things, EU residents and Californian residents respectively have the right to understand what data is captured about themselves from vendors, how that data is processed, and the ability to request that such data be deleted. To that end, OneMob has built an internal tool that enables the querying, identification, and ability to delete any data captured by our platform about people located in the EU or resident in California. The identification of EU-specific and California specific data and the ability to delete such data were two areas that we focused on when building this tool.
We’re proud to implement a custom policy to comply with the GDPR and CCPA requirements as many of our customers interact with people located in the EU or California through our platform. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or contact our Data Protection Officer Nimesh Gupta at [email protected] with any further questions.
To access, correct, suppress/restrict or delete any personal information held by FPT, or if you would like to request that FPT transfer your personal information to another company (to the extent that this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), or if you want to withdraw your consent to the processing of data that you previously consented to (without affecting the lawfulness of processing before such consent is withdrawn), please contact us at [email protected].
In your request, please make clear what actions you would like us to take in relation to your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request and we may need to contact you to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
No fee is charged to access your personal information (or exercise any other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion, but we will advise you of this. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not, and cannot, be removed. If this is the case, such information will remain secure and protected.
ONEMOB COOKIES POLICY
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. .
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, you can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. These are typically in the “privacy” section of your browser settings or preferences. In some instances, you can configure your browser to notify you when you’re offered a cookie and decide whether to accept or not. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
To learn more about the cookies we use and what they do, please see the comprehensive list here.
If you have any concerns or questions about FPT’s use of your personal information, or to request access, correction, suppression/restriction or deletion of your personal information, please contact us by writing to [email protected] . Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such access, correction and deletion requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
You have the right at all times to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.